Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Favorite Pancakes


Recipe from the Grass Valley Cookbook
*Since I've never been a big fan of buttermilk pancakes, I found this recipe and LOVE it. The kids eat at least 3 a piece when I make them, and the batter makes enough for at least 2 mornings, if not more. I just put the extra in a container and keep it in the fridge until the pancake request comes again. (And can you dig the IKEA plate I displayed these on so well ?)

2 c. all-purpose flour (I use 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat)
4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/4 c. sugar

2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 c. milk (I know, kind of a lot)
4 T. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. blueberries (optional)

Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk and melted butter to bowl. Whisk slightly; batter should have small lumps (sometimes mine does, sometimes it doesn't). Heat griddle or pan and grease it up with grease of choice (butter or Pam). Pour desired amount of batter on the griddle. Dot with blueberries (if desired. . .). When pancakes have bubbles and are slightly dry around edges, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute. (As if you all need directions on how to cook pancakes). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the recipes you only have to make one time and can save the rest for later. My kind of recipes.

    ReplyDelete